For lowest cost, fully automatic pressure filtration of machine tool coolants, grinder effluents, cutting and quenching oils, plus a wide range of industrial liquids clarification and dewatering applications.
Liquid filtration with the advantage of unique benefits not available in other filters. Simplex is simple in design, high in performance. Engineered to function with few moving parts or the troublesome complexities of carrier belts, pulleys, or moving upper shell filter chambers.
As graphics show, pneumatically driven doors seal the ends of the chamber to sandwich media over a screen within the housing. Contaminated fluid is pumped into the filter chamber and forced through the media. Clean filtrate is discharged from the bottom section under pressure.
As solids accumulate on the filter media, chamber pressure rises to meet a pre-set limit; the pump then stops and an automatic air blow-down is actuated. This dries the solids and the doors open to introduce fresh media to one end, while discharging the spent media and solids out the other end. The solids are scraped and dropped into a receptacle and the used media is rewound for easy disposal or re-use.
Where applicable, the spent media can be flushed clean during the indexing cycle. An optional media recycling unit can be fitted to the filter to wash the spent media and return it back into the chamber. After many washings, Simplex will automatically detect and reject ineffective recycled media sections.
Industrial Filtration, Liquid/Solid separation, Dewatering, De-oiling, water base and oil coolants, WEDM-EDM, Polishing and lapping, Acid pickling, wire rolling and drawing, Gear grinding and rolling, CBN Grinding, Cylindrical (thread), Double disc, Creep feed, Crush form, parts washers, de-oiling of metal swarf, dewatering of water-based wastes, fume scrubbers, hot ill reduction, cold mill finishing, caster cooling water, metal plating, metal phosphating, acid disposal, metal hydroxides, food processing.
The Simplex Advantage:
- No moving parts - The filter chamber, heart of Simplex, is of one-piece construction with no moving parts and low problem vulnerability.
- Fixed Piping - No need for flexible couplings which require constant leak surveillance, since the Simplex chamber is stationary.
- Leakproof Operation - Unlike other filters which rely on total perimeter chamber seals; Simplex limits sealing to media cycling portals only. Minimal seal exposure in conjunction with positive locking doors, virtually eliminates liquid seepage.
- Positive Locking - Pneumatic drivers close and secure chamber doors. An electrical fail-safe lock is provided so the doors will not prematurely open in the event of a power failure. Other safety feature options are available to protect against possible air pressure loss.
- No Carrier Belt - Unique Simplex engineering eliminates need for a supporting belt to carry the media through the chamber. The disposable media acts as its own belt as it is pulled through the chamber by driven take-up rollers. The elimination of a carrier belt negates the need for pulleys and the other mechanical supports necessary for tacking, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Space Saving - One of the main advantages of the Simplex filter is its ability to handle large volumes of liquid and achieve the desired clarity without the need for an overly large space-consuming vessel. Simplex is compact and mobile, ideal where available space is limited.
Note: DCY indicates 2 chambers stacked. Where floor space is limited, filtration capacity of any Simplex can be doubled or tripled by chamber stacking.
- Carbon steel construction, designed for operating pressure to 50 PSIG.
- Electrical Failure Safety - Secures chamber doors, prevents liquid dump.
- Roll-Aid - rewinding device for spent media.
- Exterior finish Phosphate prep, two coats epoxy; Alert orange.
- All models equipped to meet current OSHA requirements.
- Separate Nema 12 enclosure for pneumatic and electrical.
- Electrical consists of discreet components with fusible disconnect and mechanical door interlocks.
- Chamber purge assembly - Designed to evactuate the remaining dirty liquid in the filter chamber, prior to air blowdown, so that all of the air blowdown cycle can be used to dry the filter cake in the time allowed.
- Media Wash/Recycle assembly - For use with water-base coolants. Permits each section of the filter media to be reused up to 30 times (depending upon the type of media and solids filtered), thus cutting media use and disposal costs dramatically. Includes reservoir, pump, filter, and spray chamber assembly.
- Materials of construction - The unit can be fabricated with stainless steel, polypropylene and other materials needed to survive special applications.
- Cake breaker - For those applications where the filter cake, when discharging from the filter chamber, has become so thick (usually 1" or more) that it will not break off into the tote bin.
- Mobile Tote Bin - Collects filter discharge cake. Mounted on casters - may be rolled or carried by fork lift.
- Pneumatic failure safety - In the event of plant air failure, prevents chamber doors from opening, preventing liquid dump.
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) - Available on all models.
- Cleanable, Semi-Permanent Belt available for various applications.
- Our engineers are available to design an efficient, low-cost filtration or dewatering system and provide all necessary engineering and equipment for a turnkey system.
- Free laboratory testing of your product.
- Rental filters available for on-site testing.
- Specializing in design engineering and manufacturing since 1960.
- Installation Support - Design engineering and fabrication.
- Pumps and Motors - For filter and circulatory systems.
- Filter Media - For all applications.
- Factory Engineer Start-Up Assistance - Normally assistance is not required at start-up. However, such assistance will be available to aid in the initial setting of parameters and training on the filter's operation and maintenance.
< Back to products