Summit's Standard Bag Filter
For all liquid clarification or solids recovery
Collects and dries solids in micron rated, throw-away bags
- Micron rated throw-away bags at less than 1/6th the cost
- Standard air blow-down fixture dries filtered solids
- Swing-away yoke for quick cover and spent bag removal
- PVC or CPVC chambers - temperatures to 200*F, pressure to 50 psi
- 2 to 8 square feet of filter area - flow rates to 8,000 GPH
- Interconnect multiple chambers with optional valve manifold, for increased capacities, and/or uninterrupted filtering during air blow-down "cleaning cycles."
For the first time, here's a bag filter which eliminates the high cost, labor, and messy handling of conventional drippy filter bags.
The new Summit Bag Filter uses micron rated, throw-away bags, from 2 to 50 microns, at less than 1/6th the cost of ordinary felt filter bags. AND, the exclusive air blow-down feature dries the dirt filtered from solutions to a cake-like consistency, so you simply throw the bags away with other dry waste materials.
Think of it! No messy, contaminated "reusable" filter bags to wash out… No sloppy, contaminated wash-off requiring costly waste disposal procedures.
This exclusive feature also permits clean, simplified solids recovery applications, for the first time with a bag filter. The air blow-down quickly evacuates the chamber of remaining liquid, while the bags' contents are dried to an easy-to-process cake.
There's even a specially designed valve manifold for interconnecting chambers, in parallel for increased capacities, and/or series for uninterrupted continuous filtration.
Summit Bag Filters are recommended for high flow removal of trace contaminants from most corrosive liquids, such as electrolytic or electroless plating solutions; to extend the life of caustic or acid cleaning solutions; filtration of spray paint booth wash-offs; clarification of galvanizing, anodizing, and phosphatizing baths; filtration of waste treatment effluents; and, quick, simplified solids recovery applications.
How it works:
Inlet and outlet flanges are mounted on the side of the chamber, so that no inlet disconnect is required for cover removal. A swingaway yoke seals the chamber - only a twist of the handle is needed for cover and spent bag removal. The block manifold, which ontains the inlet flange, also holds the diaphragm protected pressure gauge, and the air blow-down fixture with air pressure regulator - all standard equipment. In actual operation, the solution is pumped into and through the micron rated, throw-away polyester or polypropylene filter bags. Filtration continues until the pressure gauge indicates that the system is approaching a clogged condition. At this point, the isolation valve is closed, and the air blow-down cycle is actuated. The solution in the chamber is evacuated through the filter bag, back to the process tank. In just a few minutes, depending on the nature of the solids, the dirt filtered from the solution will have become a dry cake. It now takes only a few seconds to flip away the swingaway yoke, take off the chamber cover, and remove the dry dirt laden filter bag. No sloppy, messy, conventional filter bags, dripping contaminated, corrosive liquids. The spent filter bags may be thrown away with other dry waste materials. No contaminated washoff requiring costly waste disposal procedures. And, if the optional valve manifold has been used to connect two or more chambers in series, filtration may continue without interruption, during the air blow-down/cleaning cycle.
The new Summit Bag Filter - the least expensive to buy (with exclusive standard features not even available on conventional systems) and, the least expensive to operate. Remember, exclusive Summit throw-away filter bags are priced at about 1/6th the cost of ordinary felt filter bags!
Four chamber sizes:2.3 square feet - flow rates up to 30 GPM; 4.4 square feet - flow rates up to 60 GPM; 6.4 square feet - flow rates up to 90 GPM; and 8.3 square feet - flow rates up to 120 GPM; Use the specially designed valve manifold assembly to interconnect multiple chambers for increased capacities, and/or to provide uninterrupted filtration during air blow-down "cleaning cycle."
(Multi-Bag chambers provide up to 60 square feet of filtration area and flow rates up to 350 GPM).
- Available in two materials of construction. Rigid heavy duty PVC for service to 160*F, or CPVC for service to 200*F.
- A swingaway poke seals the filter chamber cover. This advanced design provides center point compression, distributing evenly over the entire cover gasket for a tight, leakproof seal. Closure and chamber cover removal is quick and easy, requiring only a twist of a knob.
- Filter chamber is permanently sealed into the base - no leakage at base when cover is removed.
- All fittings are socket welded, for rigid strength and leak-proof operation.
Magnetically driven centrifugal. The only moving part in the solution is the plastic encapsulated impeller magnet which rotates on a silica free ceramic internal shaft, impervious to a wide range of acid and alkaline solutions.
- Model MC4 - Polypropylene construction. Delivers up to 1200 GPH and develops 15 psi at shutoff. Motor is ¼ hp, TEFC, 115/230 volts, 1 ph, 50/60 Hz, wired 115 volts with switch, cord and grounding plug.
- Model MC4.6 - Ryton construction. Delivers up to 2200 GPH and develops 22 psi at shutoff. Motor is ½ H.P., TEC, 115/230 volts, 1 phase, 50/60 Hz, or 230/460 volts, 3 phase. Unless otherwise specified, motor is supplied wired for 115 volts, 1 phase, with switch, cord and grounding plug.
- Model MC5 - Polypropylene construction. Delivers up to 3200 GPH and develops 28 psi at shutoff. Motor is ¾ HP, TEFC, 115/230 volts, 1 phase, 50/60 Hz, or, 230/460 volts, 3 phase. Unless otherwise specified, motor is supplied wired for 115 volts, 1 phase, with switch, cord and grounding plug.
- Model MC8 - Polypropylene construction. Delivers up to 8,100 GPH and develops 41 psi at shutoff. Motor is 3 HP, TEFC, 230/460 volts, 3 phase, 60 Hz.
All models are available in KYNAR Construction for use with strong Chromic and Nitric acids and for operating temperatures to 200*F.
Centrifugal Pump: Model CC8 - Constructed of molded CPVC plastic. Available as standard with a non-water flushed external seal. As an option, water flushed double seal is available. Wetted parts of seal are Carbon, Ceramic, Viton. Close coupled to a 2 HP, TEFC, 230/460 volts, 3 phase, 60 Hz motor.
Vertical Pumps: CPVC construction (temperatures up to 200*F). The Mariner series pumps are self-priming, and leakproof, operate bearing free with non-metallic solution contact. They can be mounted inside the tank or outside the tank.
See Bulletin 611.
Chambers are supplied with Hypalon Diaphragm protected pressure gauge, an air blowdown manifold with pressure regulator and gauge with valve assembly.
Filter-Pump Systems, in addition, are mounted on a base with 2" rubber tire swivel casters and are supplied with hose, clamps and suction strainer.
< Back to products